Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Living River II, Alcedo atthis



The Living River II, Alcedo atthis
Bronze, Iron and wood, 95x61x61 cm.

Details

The Living River II, Alcedo atthis
Bronze, Iron and wood, 95x61x61 cm.

First of all, I have to apologize... I haven´t much time to create and spread my sculptures. Despite that, I´ve been working a little...
Description of the process of creation:

 After making the main piece in bronze and preparing the wood which will be part of the structure of the work, I prepare a model in cardboard.




 After that, I cut the pieces of iron sheet, I smooth down the edges, weld and assemble all the pieces and colour the main piece.

I´d like to thank my neighbour and master in everything which has to do with iron and welding, Manolito `Perú´, who lends me his workshop every time I go to Rociana. Thank you, my friend!